Hello Gary,

On  Monday, April 17, 2000  at  15:15:40 GMT -0500 (which was 1:15 PM
where I live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

> Sure, easy for you to say!  Your English is better than mine, and I
> live here.  Will TB! read Japanese text / characters? This guy has
> sever cancer newsletters and user / info email groups that he hosts,
> and wanted to know.

 Yes, at least one person has made it work that I know of.
 Unfortunately I can't seem to find the reference, but if you look in the
 TBUDL archives for January and February, you might have better luck.
 Try searching for John De Hoog, he was fighting the good fight, trying
 to get TB to work with Japanese.  If I recall correctly, he did find
 a solution.  I think he was using an old version of NJWin, if that
 means anything to you.  Actually he has a webpage discussing several
 mailers for Japanese text.  Follow this link:

 http://dehoog.org/html/j-email.html

 Maybe someone else here will remember the discussions better than I
 do.  Good luck!

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal