Hello Roelof,

On Tuesday, April 30, 2013 you wrote:

RO> Hallo Jack,

RO> On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:23:49 -0500GMT (29-4-2013, 18:23 , where I
RO> live), you wrote:

JSL>> If I use a particular font when composing HTML messages, does the font
travel
JSL>> with the message?

RO> No.

JSL>> In other words, will the recipient see the font I used in
JSL>> composing the message even if they don't have that font installed on their
JSL>> computer?

RO> In order to do that, you'd need the font to be attached to the message
RO> and on receipt to be installed on the receiving computer. HTML doesn't
RO> support that kind of actions. Apart from that think of the safety
RO> risks that that would bring.

JSL>> In another vein, it appears that TB! is the only recipient I write to
which
JSL>> won't accept anything *not* written in plain text.  Can I set the editor
JSL>> always use HTML but restrict message to TB! to always be in plain text?
In my
JSL>> AB I have the TB! "new message" template set to plain text and the "Use a
JSL>> specific template for new messages" box is ticked but when the editor is
set to
JSL>> HTML in OPTIONS-PREFERENCES, it overrides the "new message" template in
TB!.

RO> The address book template for new messages will only be used when you
RO> first select the receipient and afterwards start typing the message.
RO> When first typing (part of) the message and then setting ther
RO> recipient, the AB template won't be used.

I'm confused Roelof.  The first part of the above paragraph tells me (I think)
that if I open the AB, select (highlight) a recipient and then click the "Create
a new message" icon, the AB template WILL be used, assuming the "Use a specific
template for new messages" box is ticked.  But that method doesn't seem to work
for me.

If I have the editor set to always use HTML
(OPTIONS►PREFERENCES►VIEWER/EDITOR►Default editor for text►HTML only) then even
when I use the above method to start a message to TBUDL, it defaults to HTML.

What am I missing?

--
Best Regards,
Jack LaRosa

Using The Bat! ver: 5.2.
Running Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3