Saturday, January 14, 2017, 9:38:48 PM, Rick wrote:

>>> Thank you!

>> This works only if you have the same directory structure and disk
>> names.

R> ??? How so? I have my mail directory on my E:\ drive. You have to
R> adjust the path of the REG file that was in my example, but then it works

>> Another way is to use the internal backup function (under Tools) and
>> create a .tbk file. Move this file to a removable disk.

>> I have done this a couple of times.

R> That is the ideal way if the TBK file doesn't go corrupt which I
R> have had happen several times. I personally don't trust it but you
R> are correct - that is the best way to do it

I don't trust the backup function either. If there's any corruption in the
backup file, you lose everything.

Just copy the mail directory from one computer to the other using whatever
works for you (external drive, USB stick, cloud drive) and then copy it down to
the new computer wherever you like. Install TB! on the new machine and once
you've started it up, go to Preferences and then System and set the Mail
directory to wherever you copied the mail directory to. It takes time to copy
everything, of course, but it's unlikely anything will go wrong.

--
-Sam