Hello Sam,

On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 23:03:43 -0500 GMT (15-Jan-17, 11:03 +0700 GMT),
Sam Brown wrote:

>>> This works only if you have the same directory structure and disk
>>> names.

R>> ??? How so? I have my mail directory on my E:\ drive. You have to
R>> adjust the path of the REG file that was in my example, but then it works

>>> Another way is to use the internal backup function (under Tools) and
>>> create a .tbk file. Move this file to a removable disk.

>>> I have done this a couple of times.

R>> That is the ideal way if the TBK file doesn't go corrupt which I
R>> have had happen several times. I personally don't trust it but you
R>> are correct - that is the best way to do it

> I don't trust the backup function either. If there's any corruption
> in the backup file, you lose everything.

> Just copy the mail directory from one computer to the other using
> whatever works for you (external drive, USB stick, cloud drive) and
> then copy it down to the new computer wherever you like. Install TB!
> on the new machine and once you've started it up, go to Preferences
> and then System and set the Mail directory to wherever you copied
> the mail directory to. It takes time to copy everything, of course,
> but it's unlikely anything will go wrong.

Whether this would work without copying the registry as Rick said is
another question.

In any case, backing up manually is always recommended; but I would
use the manual way only if the automated backup-restore doesn't work.
It has worked without problems the last couple of times over the
years.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.