Hello TBUDL'ers,

The latest messages from MAU and Paul F. Siebern regarding TB! not being able to
access Gmail after March 31st reminded me that I too had received a message from
Google regarding March 31st. Only my message was to inform me of the following:

This is a reminder that on April 2, 2019 we’re shutting down consumer Google+
and will begin deleting content from consumer Google+ accounts. Photos and
videos from Google+ in your Album Archive and your Google+ pages will also be
deleted.

However, I had to manually search through several different TRASH folders to
find the message. This is because when I tried to use TB!'s search function to
find messages which had the string "google" in it, it always returned many hits,
most of which, if not all, did not contain that string. I used the criteria "ANY
PART" or "TEXT" or "SENDER" assuming that that's where that string would be.

Although my message from Google did not mention TB!'s permission to fetch mail
from Google, The March 31st deadline was contained in the message.

That aside, does anyone know why the search function would return so many
invalid hits? Was I doing it incorrectly?

--
TIA,
Jack LaRosa

--