I've begun using the memo field lately, or perhaps begun _trying_ to
use the memo field would be a better way to phrase it.  Now this could
be just me, but the memo implementation is rather lackluster at best.

   Here are a few ideas I have that might add to the usability of
this feature.  I submit these as a starting block to maybe get some
discussion on ways to improve the memo function.  Unless of course,
you feel it's fine as designed and I'm all wet for suggesting any
change.

*  Keep the floating window idea, but have it automatically appear (on
top) when a message with a memo is highlighted.

* Treat it something like an attachment that would open a separate
(scrollable) pane at the bottom of the message. Adjustable height.

* Make the existing floating window dockable to the top or bottom of
the main window view, or perhaps a folder view window.

  Of course, the above would only happen if Memo Auto View was checked
so that those not wishing the interruption could turn that option off.

Any thoughts?

--
ò¸ó Nick [MUA: TB! 1.46 Beta/3]
 Danger  [OS: Win98 4.10 1998]