Hello Steve,

SL> On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 12:55:09PM -0700, David Tod Sigafoos wrote:
>> And why shouldnt email be presentable?

SL>     Email /is/ presentable.  It doesn't need HTML for that.

Who says?  Who is the leading authority on what email needs or doesn't
need?

>> What is it about HTML that scares people so much.

SL>     The fact there is no standard for displaying it, what standard does exist
SL> is for browsers and no two browsers display correctly.

True .. there is no 'definitive' standard.  But 99% of HTML (not
dhtml, xhtml etc) is compatible.

SL> On top of that 99% of the time it is completely annoying because
SL> it overrides how /I/ like to see my mail. I don't want to see it
SL> in someone else's preferences, I want to see it in mine.

I'm not sure what this means.  Do you mean if i write a letter and
format it as i desire (using regular underline, bold etc) the

>> Having the ability to send a message to our users with a toc at the
>> beginning of the note and links to other spots in the note is a great
>> feature.

SL>     Search does that just fine.

So is USPD but ..

SL>     Please, why do people insist on trotting out this tripe?  It is the top
SL> /NOW/ because it works nicely as an email /CLIENT/, not as a browser, not as
SL> an html page editor.

Tripe .. that's a fish isn't it?

 David                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]