  On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 12:24:48 +0200, Krister Ekstrom wrote:

KE> I have a filter that is set up to send out pgp keys to those
KE> requesting it. I changed the template for the auto reply and suddenly
KE> my filters have stopped working. filter is set up like this.
KE> Name: pgp-sendkeys
KE> Move to: trash.
KE> Signalstrings  Location          Presence
KE> send_pgp_keys  Subject           Yes

Looking at your PGP request mailto: link, this seems OK.

KE> I have actions set to create an auto-reply with my keys attached.
KE> Here's the auto-reply template:

<auto-reply template snipped>

Seems fine to me.

What you placed in the auto-reply template shouldn't affect the filter
working anyway. It will only affect what the recipient gets. I
changed my own auto-reply template quite a few times without problems.

KE>             %SUBJECT=""
                ^^^^^^^^^^^
                You don't need this line to completely change the
                subject.

KE>             %SUBJECT="Here are my pgp keys!"

KE> Could it be the change of subject that messes everything up? I know
KE> it shouldn't matter, so what am i doing wrong? Thanks for all help
KE> even if it's just to tell me to go RTFM.

No, I change my subject as well in my auto-reply. This is a good thing
to do because if, the recipient sends you a thank you note or wishes to
indicate a problem with the auto-reply then the filter will latch on to
"send_pgp_keys" in the reply and resend the keys. Not to mention
problems with running your own tests. :-)

I'd put the filter aside and think of other things. If there's nothing
else to pin the problem on then the only alternative would be to
recreate the filter. There have been a number of reports about filters
suddenly not working anymore when they were just working previously,
despite the filter not being adjusted in any way. I've never personally
experienced this. Usually when one of my filter breaks in such a way
it's because I added another filter, which created problems with the
filter rule ordering. You should check if this is your problem first.
Did you change the position of the key request filter in the filter rule
listing either manually or indirectly by adding other filters?

Also check if you inadvertently changed other settings. Is the 'manual
only' switch enabled? Is the 'active' switch disabled?

- --
A. Curtis Martin..
Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA  |  PGP Key ID: 0xEE079937
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey
- ---
** "If marriage is outlawed, only outlaws will have inlaws. "
Using TB! v1.47 Beta/7 «» Win2k Pro SP1