  On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:06:45 -0700, Januk Aggarwal wrote:

JA> What about using a simple regexp in your filter string? I'm not
JA> exactly sure if this is right, but perhaps someone will correct me
JA> if I'm wrong. I'm just using Kirster's filter as an example.

JA> String                          Location             Presence
JA> ^Subject.\s*send.pgp.keys       Kludges              Yes

JA> The advantage of this string is that if someone manually typed in the
JA> string, slight mistakes would automatically be accepted.  For example,
JA> changing the underscores to spaces or dashes would still get matched.
JA> Also any number of leading spaces would also be accepted.

It would also prevent problems if someone replies to your auto-reply. The
Re: in the subject will prevent the regex match. :-) The only thing I'd
add is changing the regex to "^Subject.\s*send.*pgp.*keys", in case the
dash or space is accidentally left out.

>> I've never personally experienced this. Usually when one of my filter
>> breaks in such a way it's because I added another filter, which
>> created problems with the filter rule ordering.

JA> As seen above, changing folder locations can also cause problems.
JA> Usually the problem only occurs when you move folders across accounts.
JA> Moving to any level within the same account is usually no problem.

Changing folder names within the account or across accounts is not a
problem either. I frequently do this sort of thing and TB!'s filters
auto-adjust nicely.

JA> And now for my question of the day: How much does TB know about
JA> other accounts when you log into a single account? For example, say
JA> A and B above were just user accounts. If I log into A, all I see is
JA> A. So there are two parts to this question. First, will any filters
JA> in A that *move* or copy messages to B still work? Second, will I be
JA> able to *create* a filter which can move or copy a message to B
JA> while logged into A?

I don't know. I've never done that. :-/ Anyone with experience in this
regard?

- --
A. Curtis Martin..
Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA  |  PGP Key ID: 0xEE079937
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey
- ---
** "Frostbite Falls Minnesota, home of Watsa Matta U. "
Using TB! v1.47 Beta/7 «» Win2k Pro SP1