I thought I'd comment on Ming-Li's contribution to the list,
sent on Fri, 5 Jan 2001 07:08:50 -0800:

[..trimmed..]
ML> Maybe we can come up with a suggestion for them. The way TB
ML> currently works is it takes the whole string from the From field
ML> and put it there, without checking for special characters.

Yes, this is the problem.

ML> I wouldn't want TB to strip out the "name" part (leaving only the
ML> email address) for me, however, since I sometimes want to use the
ML> name instead of the email address for my filter (some people
ML> consistently use a very unique name, but many different addresses).
ML> Likewise, I don't TB to strip out the email address either.

Since we don't create filters as often as we compose mail, a pop-up
query may be in order here as to whether the user wishes to filter
using the sender/recipient e-mail address or name.

[..trimmed..]

--
 |     A. Curtis Martin  [List Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA]      |

"Ming-Li on TBUDL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>'