Hi Allie, Thanks for your reply.

On Monday, February 05, 2001 17:33:21 [ -0500 GMT], you wrote the
following in regards to 'TB! v1.49 - folder template v AB group
entry':

JR>>   I reply to each person individually from this folder telling them
JR>>   that their item (either %OSUBJ or %CLIPBOARD) has been posted & I
JR>>   supply them with the URL where they can find it. The msg is signed.

Allie> Yes. Do you manually move the messages to the folder or do you use a
Allie> filter?

  I could create a manual filter (i.e. effected by a hot key) but @
  the moment I manually move the msgs to the folder.

Alllie> Why not use the quick template as an auto-reply template?

Alllie> If you manually move the messages to this special folder, you
Alllie> could create a manual filter that moves the message and at the
Alllie> same time, generates an auto-reply message in the process. The
Alllie> auto-reply uses its own template as you may know and the quick
Alllie> template could be used there.

  Yes, using the auto-reply template is a good idea. However, I put
  all the msgs that require posting to the bulletin board in this
  folder so I remember to post them. Then I go thru the list & post
  the msgs on the bulletin board -- a 2 step process. If I understand
  you correctly, you are suggesting creating a filter that assigns
  them to this special folder & sends an auto-reply at the same time
  -- a one step process.

--
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA