Hello Mark and other TBUDL's,

On Monday, February 05, 2001 at 15:47:18 GMT -0500 Mark Knipfer wrote on "!
1.49: Message Column Lists moves to the right, message threading":

>> BUG: I found one annoying bug.  In a message thread if you click on the plus
>> signs throughout the entire message thread, you will notice the Message List
>> Columns to the right will gradually move to the right. If you do this through
>> a long threaded message discussion, you will see the remaining Message List
>> Columns just goes to the far right where you have to right scroll over to see
>> them.

MK> This is becoming very annoying problem, especially when I am using
MK> TheBat! much more now.

I would very much like to learn, what you think could be a better solution. It
seems to me that you are asking the impossible, if you want TB to solve all
threading problems on the amount of space that your split-mode allows. IMHO, it
is better to think of the threading-possibilities in the list-view as a generous
bonus - and then do serious thread-reading in the folder-view. When this is
said, I will the first to admit, that the folder-view can be a bit cumbersome,
as well. At present, I have expanded the "Message List"-view (in the
folder-view) to almost full screen and then toggles this "Message List"-view on
and off (using Alt+V+M). This works great for me - but it would be nice with
more advanced options for toggling the message list-view on and off (full
screen/half screen/off).

As you probably know, the news reader Agent solves all these problems by

1) putting a limit on how many follow up-levels there can be in a thread

and

2) allowing control of the degree of indentation of the follow-ups

In my opinion, 1) is a very poor solution and is one of the main reasons, I gave
up Agent as an e-mail reader (and became a TB-user :-)). Is it really something
like this, that you want for TB?

Jannik Lindquist

The Bat! Ver. 1.49
Windows 98 4 10 2222  A