On Mon, 5 Feb 2001 22:48:09 +0100, Jannik Lindquist wrote:

> I would very much like to learn, what you think could be a
> better solution.

This question alone shows the lack of experience you have with other
e-mail clients.

> It seems to me that you are asking the impossible, if you want TB to
> solve all threading problems on the amount of space that your split-
> mode allows.

The problem is where the Subject: columns suddenly moves to the right.
Did you read my initial messages that explained this?  I detailed what
occurs, the design flaw, and it supposedly did not do this in earlier TB1
releases.  Thus, this seems like a bug (or design flaw) that will
hopefully fixed.

> IMHO, it is better to think of the threading-possibilities in the
> list-view as a generous bonus - and then do serious thread-reading in
> the folder-view.

Huh?

> When this is said, I will the first to admit, that the folder-view
> can be a bit cumbersome, as well. At present, I have expanded the
> "Message List"-view (in the folder-view) to almost full screen and
> then toggles this "Message List"-view on and off (using Alt+V+M).
> This works great for me - but it would be nice with more advanced
> options for toggling the message list-view on and off (full
> screen/half screen/off).
>
> As you probably know, the news reader Agent solves all these
> problems by
>
> 1) putting a limit on how many follow up-levels there can be in a thread
>
> and
>
> 2) allowing control of the degree of indentation of the follow-ups

There is no maximum per se, but there is a maximum threading level where
it will display messages in a thread.  In Agent 1.8 if you set the
'Follow-Up Indentation:' to 3 and 'Maximum Follow-Up Level:' to 15, this
helps makes more messages properly thread.  However, the limitation to
message threading still exists.

> In my opinion, 1) is a very poor solution and is one of the main
> reasons, I gave up Agent as an e-mail reader (and became a TB-user :-)).
> Is it really something like this, that you want for TB?

You did not understand my problem in my message.  I am not suggesting any
threading limitations or such implementations.  If you use Netscape
Communicator 4.x and other threading e-mail clients that do threading on
References and Message-ID's, you will see what I am referring to.  Message
threading itself in TB! is good, however, the constant adjusting of the