ACM> But where is it written that TB! behaves otherwise from what we're
ACM> experiencing?

So here is a copy of a page of TB web site :

"To decrypt an encrypted e-mail message from The Bat!, use "Check PGP
signature" command from the Tools menu. If the message is signed, PGP
automatically checks its signature validity. Note that the message is
NOT stored so you need to decrypt it this way each time you read the
message.

Another way is decryption as a message into your message base using
"Decrypt PGP..." command of the Tools menu. Note that in this case
your privacy might appear as defenceless because the message is stored
in your message base in clear text so anybody else can read it."

The second paragraph is OK for me, but TB! don't behaves like first
paragraph or i really don't understand it.
( to my opinion, it shoud works like the pgp "secure viewer")

--
 Tom AD.