Hi Randall,
On Wed, 30 May 2001, at 22:46:56 -0400 you wrote:

REN> Thank you very much. I am still thinking about this program
REN> BAT. I am not sure if it is worth the $$$. I have a problem
REN> with Outlook Express with the server info that is under
REN> tools/accounts. It happened 2 months ago. It is suppose to
REN> read:
REN>                      Incoming mail-- mail.tmlp.com
REN>                      Out Going mail-- mail.tmlp.com
REN>                      User  ut895x

REN> But it wants to read like this on it's own:
REN>                      Incoming mail-- localhost
REN>                      Out Going mail-- mail.tmlp.com
REN>                      User   ut895x/mail.tmlp.com

REN> [...]

REN> I reloaded again the whole program, rebooted and all the
REN> same info came back, fully configured, totally, like it
REN> never was touched.

You are using Norton Anti Virus, aren't you? (Or some other Anti
Virus programme which does the same...) This programme is
constantly changing your pop3 settings. It changes the server to
localhost, so it can download the mail, check it and then deliver
it to your mail programme(s). But now, the original pop3 server
has to be remembered, so it is appended to the user name. When
fetching mail, Norton AV strips the server information from your
user and then uses this server, user and your password to retrieve
your mail.

REN> [...]

REN> So I got this BAT to see if it could keep the proper
REN> setting--really-- as a test. It DOES. Why, then does Outlook
REN> Express change? No one knows. Plus I thought the ability to
REN> combine all my email programs was cool.

The reason why TB! keeps your settings is simple: Norton AV can't
change your TB! settings automatically, it is not one of the
known programmes for Norton AV.

REN> So I am still deciding if this is what I want (the BAT).
REN> Since the TMLP mail server seems to give me my mail now with
REN> the wrong settings.

If the problem with Norton AV appears again, you can also disable
Norton's pop3 proxy abilities. Just right-click on its tray icon,
open it and in 'Email status' deselect your account(s).

--
Regards,
Lars

The Bat! 1.53 Beta/11 on Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2
|        Lars Geiger  |  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        |
| PGP Key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=GetPublicKey> |