Hi William,
On Thu, 31 May 2001, at 06:27:31 +0100 you wrote:

WM> Do people realise that if you use NAV all your mail goes
WM> through THEIR servers? Call me paranoid but...

Wait a moment, not THEIR servers. When you are using Norton AV, a
programme is running in the background on your computer, which is
acting like a proxy for pop3 connections. That is, every mail
passes through the AV programme on your computer, is checked and
then delivered to your MUA. And for your MUA Norton AV acts just
like a pop3 server. That's the most general way to ensure virus
protection, no matter what mail software someone uses.

WM> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It
WM> may also be legally privileged. It is intended only [...]

What does that mean? All your e-mails come with this text at the
end. Do you really think that this is necessary on this list? :-)

--
Regards,
Lars

The Bat! 1.53 Beta/11 on Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2
|        Lars Geiger  |  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        |
| PGP Key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=GetPublicKey> |