Hello ETM,

On Saturday, December 1, 2001 at 15:32 GMT -0500, a creature mimicking
ETM [E] wrote:

E> I have about 3 Gig of email in my OE. Can that be imported into the
E> BAT?

There should be no problem doing that.  Check out Tools -> Import
Wizard.

E> Is there any size limitation, beyond my own PC, to mail held in the
E> BAT?

Not that I know of.  Each folder in TB is a different message base.
If you notice a folder is too slow, you can just split the messages
into two (or more) folders and the speed should be improved.

Also, make sure you use the "Purge all folders" option regularly.
When you delete a message, it is only marked as deleted.  When you use
the Compress option, the deleted messages are actually removed.  The
Purge option applies the limits you might have defined in the
folder properties and then runs the compress option.

E> OE permits searching from the top or from the individual folders
E> using simple search terms and different fields. Is there a similar
E> search capability for mail filed in the BAT?

The general search tool can be accessed by pressing <F7>.  It can do
what you're asking.

TB also offers a quick search tool.  In the message list, just start
typing the word/name you're looking for and the first match will be
automatically selected.  To move to the next match, just hit
<CTRL>-<Enter>.  This tool is limited to only the current folder.

E> From one point I could more effectively handle treatment of
E> attachments.  How does the BAT handle attachments, especially problem
E> attachments?

TB can warn against or disable execution of predefined file-types.
Check out:
 Options -> Preferences -> Warnings

E> I used four accounts, one with my cable system, three via yahoo pop3
E> download, into OE.  I would like a similar set-up for the BAT.

TB has the nicest multiple account handling of any mail program I've
seen.  Each account is essentially completely separate from every
other account, though you can filter from one account to another
account's folders.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

Using The Bat! 1.54 Beta/14 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 67766446 A

This sentence lets you know this page was not a mistake.