Hi to you all,

I'm a former Calypso user which is, as you maybe know, now orphaned by
the owner. So let's say it's dead. Now I am looking for the best
replacement. Two email clients are left in my search: Becky and The Bat.
Both are extremely good.

BUT: I want a email client that will last for a long long time. I don't
want to start using a email client again that will be discontinued at
some time. Can I rely on RitLabs that they introduce The Bat version 2
in the very near future? They are building it for more than two years
now. Still no beta to see, that is not really promising.

MCS, the former developer of Calypso, also promised to introduce new
versions and then suddenly pulled the plug out; because: "You can't beat
Outlook". Why wouldn't this happen with The Bat? Why not?.

Can anybody explain me why RitLabs introduces new features (like common
folders) in an 'old' version (version 1.xx) when they are very (I hope) busy
with finishing (I hope) version 2.....? If I were them I put all my
effort in completing version 2 and, besides solving the serious bugs,
quit developing version 1. Why not? Tell me, why not?

Seriously, I like The Bat very much, so don't take my comment as an
attack. I'm just worried.

Greetings,
Marc van Breemen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>