Hello Miguel!

On Saturday, March 2, 2002 at 11:43:35 AM you wrote:

> I may be quite dumb but, aside of wasting bandwidth and filling up
> everybody's mailboxes and folders, I don't see the purpose of sending
> S/MIME or PGP signed messages to a list like this one. Am I missing
> something?

There has been quite a discussion in the last year about secure
signing or not. Without going into the details, let me just say that I
am all for it. But I have refrained from doing it on the TB! lists due
to many people complaining about the added footprint of them.

As for S/MIME, I am not a big fan of it, regard it actually as just a
clever marketing scheme not giving much security. the arguments for
this can be read up in several places, like the Introduction to PGP by
Phil Zimmermann.

all of that said, I can't help you with your problem, but can't really
imagine that the sig is the culprit. There has to be something else.

--
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.54 Beta/45 on Windows 95 4.0 1212 C

Those who can, do; those who can't, teach.(George Bernard Shaw)