Hello Miguel,

On Monday, April 8, 2002 at 3:57:11 PM you wrote in
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (at least in part):

MAU> But then, for the sake of coherency, that should be the behaviour for
MAU> double-click on the message list pane when in a thread view.

>From the logical POV I've to ACK.

>From my feeling I tend not to do. I think this is one point you have to
think about carefully, because with some small improvements in navigating
through threads and handling their different states (collapsed / expanded)
there is no need for collapsing or expanding a thread on double click
(respectively on 'Enter' which is 'Double click' in keyboard language :-)).

If cursor arrows would work like nearly anybody using windows is used to in
tree structures (right expands and does _not_ scroll, left collapses,
respectively if this node is already expanded / collapsed the arrow keys
move down / up in structure, etc, etc, etc) you'd navigate easier not using
'Enter' or double click :-)

I do use Folder View really seldom so it's not up to me to defend this
way of opening it, but I can't imagine any other 'easy to use and remember'
shortcut for this (for [some|a lot] really important!) function.
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

A belly button is for salt when you eat celery in bed.