Hello all,
Wednesday, May 1, 2002, Marck D Pearlstone wrote:

>> ... When I receive my own SMIME signed emails back, they appear with
>> the green icon and as valid.

MDP> Lynna: Don't change anything. You are doing fine.

MDP> Your certificate is valid. It appears as valid here. It will appear as
MDP> valid for anyone who imports it. Anyone who says it is invalid just
MDP> hasn't imported it yet!!!! (or is using version 1.60h with the
MDP> internal S/MIME setting).

Sorry Marck...

as I know, problem is in incompatibility between Internal S/MIME
implementation and CryptoAPI - there is used another algoritmus and
Cryptographic provider. So, messages signed by CryptoAPI are VALID
with CryptoAPI but INVALID with Internal S/MIME implementation.

--

Bye

Marek Mikus
Czech support of The Bat!
http://www.thebat.ipex.cz

Using the best The Bat! 1.60d
under the worst Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
AMD ThunderBird 1,2 GHz, 256 MB RAM