On Friday, June 21, 2002, 5:54 AM, you wrote:

>> Shouldn't Ritlabs fix this? Because when new users want to test TB!
>> and it shuts down the minute they try to enter something in the TO:
>> field, they might leave TB! right away.

MDP> Erm ... new users have empty history lists, so it doesn't happen to
MDP> them. Another fix is to delete the existing history list. The problem
MDP> is a corrupt list, not a bug in the code (although the code should be
MDP> robust enough to withstand the corruption, but that's not the point
MDP> I'm making).

I have a real problem believing THAT many people have a corrupt
history file. seems more like a badly formatted file, a size issue, or
a problem with the code. How come I don't have any OTHER corrupt files
in TB ( or anywhere else on my computer??), we all seem to know this
bug so we don't use the feature, right ? It happened to me when I
started using TB, then it happened to me when I reinstalled it on my
brand-new Dell computer a month later.

/ Paul
Using The Bat! v1.60q on Windows XP
5.1 Build 2600