I commonly get messages that have special characters converted to
garbage. An example from tonight:

positions $B%_(B141 and $B%_(B90, collectively designated the
"3$B%((BTAAT element", are

This particular one came with a Word file attached, so I can
confidently state that:

    $B%_(B is an en-dash (used here as a minus sign: –141 and –90)
    $B%((  is a multiplication symbol (3×BTAAT).

The person sending these emails is using QUALCOMM Windows Eudora
Version 5.1, and the messages are coming through as plain text only
(no HTML attachment). I assume the problem text is being copied from
Word and pasted into the email.

Can someone tell me:

 Where are the characters being messed up (TB! receiving, Eudora
 sending, mail server transferring)?

 Is there anything I can do in TB! to fix this?

 Is there anything I can tell the sender to do in Eudora to fix this?

Both sender and receiver are in Australia, writing in Australian
English, but the problem text is often copied from Word files created
by Japanese or Korean authors.

--
Tim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]