Hello Simon,

MA>> TB.  It's  called  Outpost and is available from http://www.agnitum.com/
MA>> and  no,  I have no connection with hem except as a very satisfied user.

SB> Of  course  Victor  could  always  try  the  'free  for personal use' Sygate
SB> Personal  Firewall  as  well, which is far better than ZA as well in my, and
SB> many others' opinions :)

If before all of this Kerio wasn't so heavily mentioned I'd
probably be confused by now :) Due to my OS halting I made
the switch to Kerio.

I am using Kerio 3 Beta 5 (2 had a steeper learning curb)
and it is amazing. I really, really like it and can not
believe it's free. ZAP is a write off...

At first the only thing that irritated me was the fact that
unlike ZAP, Kerio asked permission for everything... For
example, just launching my browser can easily launch open
20+ confirmation boxes and launching my Messenger
(I counted this one with show alerts) will open 44.

That is a lot of yes's for one program but the default
interaction is geared for the highly technical.

I was hoping it was like ZAP and would ask permission only
once... I went to sleep at 3 woke up at 6:30, got to
learning it a bit and the feature is there. I quickly
implemented it and presto, now I only get one confirmation
box in launching my browser or messenger and I can turn off
that confirmation completely If I wish without compromising
my PCs security.

It is seamless with Internet file sharing and Microsoft
Networking which is a definite plus but the biggest plus of
all is The Bat! hasn't frozen yet (you think?).

I hope all goes well and only time can tell.

Thank you all for your help and though ZAP might conflict
with TB!, I would still recommend it as Kerio is a little
beefier.

Until, :)

 Victor B. Gonzalez
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! v1.62 Christmas Edition
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1