In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Paul Cartwright [PC] wrote:'

I decided to make this message not thread with yours since it's a
different, though related issue that aught not to be lost in the 'HTML
mail or not' debate.

PC> actually, I'm having a problem in TB with html attachments. when I
PC> get a message with a message.htm in the left pane, I click on it,
PC> and get a dialog box that says: File extension is htm <SNIP> do
PC> you want to save the file to disk instead of opening it?

Yes.

You can prevent this by adding the .htm and .html extensions to your
list of extensions to open without warning. This setup is in the
Options//Preferences dialog.

PC> I say "NO" and get another error message dialog box that says:

PC> the anti-virus has reported an error, the file cannot be checked for
PC> viruses.

This is an anti-virus plug-in problem. You can temporarily prevent
this by disabling the plug-in option to check attachments before
opening them.

PC> I click OK, and the email message comes back to me, but the html
PC> attachment doesn't open. I have 2 antivirus plugins, the NOD32
PC> (test version 0.1) and AVG 10. I am using AVG, and I don't
PC> remember why I added the NOD32 plugin.

Are you using the plug-ins for both anti-virus programs at the same
time? If so, then this could very well be your problem. Use only one
of them for plug-in purposes. The other thing is that if you have the
other doing real-time scanning then there could be a conflict with the
real-time scanner checking the file when it's being opened while the
plug-in is trying to do the same. Let only one scanner do one thing at
a time.

I have both DrWeb and NOD32 installed here. I use DrWeb's plug-in and
not NOD32's. I however use NOD32's real-time scanner and not DrWeb's.
:) I don't have the plug-in options to check attachments on opening or
saving them enabled, since NOD32's real-time scanner already does this
and I don't wish to cause a conflict. These conflicts can lead to
errors, system instability, and even BSOD's.

- --
  -=] allie_M [=-  {List Moderator}

MUA: TB! v1.63 Beta/4 ___ OS: WinXP Pro (SP1)