Hello Stefan,

Thursday, February 26, 2004, 6:19:39 PM, Stefan Tanurkov wrote:

GS>> If you have global view modes off and are using individual view modes
GS>> for folders which have been set from the main window when you go into
GS>> Options | Preferences | Messages | View Modes | select VM (one which you
GS>> are using on a folder) | click "Use by ...".  Now look at the folder
GS>> where you know you are using that particular view mode and you will see
GS>> it is NOT selected.

ST> It may be selected, but what if you uncheck a box? It's not quite
ST> clear what to do...

M>> If I uncheck a box I would expect the corresponding folder to be set to
M>> (no view mode). Why not?

ST> "No view mode" means using some column settings anyway. Which one
ST> should be used?  Is it account-wide, folder-specific or parent
ST> folder's?

Ok I now see what you are saying. I still feel there is inconsistency
here. Shouldn't there be a default order here which should provide some
insight as to what "No view mode" should be used?

Don't get me wrong because I think View Modes are GREAT, however I do
feel it is this inconsistency which make them difficult and confusing to
learn.

How could you have a folder specific "No view mode" if you had a "View
Mode" previously selected?

So a proposed hierarchy could be to inherent the "No view mode" of the
parent, and if none for the parent to default to the account-wide "No
view mode."

Which raises the question: Where are account-wide "No view mode"
defined?

Just thinking out loud, and excuse me if I'm all wet.

--
Best Regards,
Greg Strong

Using The Bat! v2.04.7 on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600 Service Pack 1