Hello Greg,

> I don't get to hung up on past tense and present tense. I thought you
> meant what was actually in the UI. Maybe I may have made a slight
> grammatically error, but my point is I think it is a BUG.

Well, as you know, English is not my mother language and I thought the
idea that "Use by =/= Used by" would be clearly understood.

No, I don't thing it is a bug, I think it is WAD. When you create a new
View Mode you can open the Use by.. dialog to select the folder that
will USE the just created view. However, when you open the dialog for an
already existing view, I agree with you, and that was my wish for an
"additional feature", the dialog should show as selected (ticked) the
folders that are already using (view is being USED by) the selected
view.

> You should see folders selected for the view mode your looking at under
> the options | preferences that you have set from the main window.

Right, agree. And same thing when you right click on a folder and select
"Copy column settings to...". BTW, for sake of coherency I think this
option should be called "Copy view mode to...", or even better "Assign
view mode to...", because it is what the option does. It is not just the
column settings (columns displayed and widths) that get "copied".

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v2.04.7