Hello Chris,

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 21:56:41 +1100 GMT (02/03/2004, 17:56 +0700 GMT),
Chris wrote:

> Yep, I guess in the end it all comes down to personal taste. What
> works for one, doesn't for another. What matters is that The Bat! is
> an email program with enough flexibility in it so that people can
> set it up the way they like it - they aren't forced into using the
> programmer's preferences.

Sure. TB allows for both inline quoting and top posting or whatever
you like. I have seen bottom-posting...

What you wish to do is possible with TB. My point is that I personally
wouldn't prefer it, but you can do it if you want.

> As for inline quoting, this list is the only place I will
> consider it - & only then because I will be flamed into a crisp
> should I not do it.

I  haven't seen a flame war on this list for ages.

> For mine (again just personal taste), top posting is the way to go
> (flame proof suit on for that sentence!).

No suit necessary. Top posting has its place, I use it in the office.
Not on mailing lists, though.

> As for my messages not threading, I wouldn't be surprised. I have
> turned off the option for the tbudl list to send me emails.
[...]

I see.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered
as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to
us." -- Western Union internal memo, 1876.

under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM