Saturday, March 6, 2004, 12:54:17 PM, you wrote:

[]
JM>> Again, it's a very minor cosmetic bugaboo, but it's annoying
JM>> nonetheless.

JM>> At least it is to those of us who are easily annoyed. :)

> You said it! :-)

> I like it that way...

Then pictures hanging on the wall unevenly and/or off-center probably
don't bother people like you as much as they do people like me.

Or, the uneven gaps in the body panels of American-made cars compared
to their European or Japanese counterparts.

> the main horizontal and vertical dividers are the
> same width and separate three things: folder tree, message list and
> message preview. I think it makes sense that the others are a different
> size.

Look at how similar programs like Agent, Dialog, and even Outlook
(gasp!) do it, and you'll see why The Bat's! "dividers" remind people
like me of the ugly, uneven gaps in the body panels of, say, 1982
Fords, Chryslers, etc. (which often looked like migrant workers had
assembled them while drunk on tequila).

Making them *even* all the way around, or better yet, adopting Agent's
"3D" look to those "dividers," would go a long way towards making The
Bat! *look* just as good as it works.

People wouldn't pay $150,000+ for a 2004 Ferrari if it looked like a
1974 Vega, no matter how fast it drove.

Anyway, as I said earlier, it's a minor complaint.

But the fix should be a simple one, and it would help to give The Bat!
the stylish look it so rightly deserves, IMO -- because it's *all*
Ferrari under the hood.

Jack

Using The Bat! 2.04.7 on Windows 5.1 (2600) Service Pack 1