Hello Jack,

A note to moderators: I hope I won't go too far in abusing my "special
status" in this list by this post-DH posting.

JM> People like me (easily annoyed aesthetes) just want them to be
JM> beautiful...like the lines of just about any Ferrari ever made.

Jack, I don't like design of most of Ferrari models, actually. But -
if you are talking about "3D look" of separators in The Bat! windows,
I suggest you to switch your WinXP theme to "Windows Classic".

Thomas, in my short passage, I've explained implicitly why I don't
want the gaps to be of equal width (because it would be confusing).

Please feel free to comment this message off-the-list

--
Cheers!
 Stefan