Hello Tony,

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 13:01:33 +0200 GMT (13/06/2004, 18:01 +0700 GMT),
Tony wrote:

T>>> Many people are on always-on connections nowadays

TF>> What makes you say that? I know *nobody* who is always on at home over
TF>> here, and only *some companies* who can afford to.

T> Maybe we are talking about different things?

We are talking about different countries.

T> Almost all people I know are on ADSL/SDSL/Cable.

I knew you were talking about broadband. So was I.

T> Much cheaper then dail-up.

ISDN is close to unaffordably expensive. That's why only some
companies have it, and certainly no home user. ADSL is in planning, I
saw an ad that one company now offers this in certain streets in
Bangkok now, and cable is future music - you ask your local ISP's
customer service about cable, they wouldn't know what you're talking
about and refer you to a TV provider.

T> ADSL is a booming market here.

I saw a newspaper article that the government wants to make broadband
affordable. I am not holding my breath.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Wenn morgens frueh der Wecker rasselt, ist der schoenste Tag
vermasselt.

Message reply created with The Bat! 2.11
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM