Hallo Jack,

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:06:33 -0500GMT (23-9-2004, 23:06 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

>> Just another clueless ISP
JM> Well, the guy that was trying to help me via chat was certainly pretty clueless,
JM> and all he did was basically keep repeating that "we don't support The Bat!," over
JM> and over again.

<g>

JM> I made the changes you advised, but whenever I also change the name of the
JM> server, precisely the way they requested me to (from mail.earthlink.net to
JM> smtpauth.earthlink.net), I can't send a message.

You didn't make a typo? Because its dns resolves to eight ip-addresses
and when I start a telnet session there is something that apparently
doesn't like me, because the session is reset immediately, but I guess
that might be because I'm from outside of their network.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

The Bat! 3.0.0.16
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1
1 pop3 account, server on LAN

Disclaimer: Any opinion stated in this message is not necessarily shared by my budgies
or rabbits.