Dear Aceman,

@5-Oct-2004, 11:31 [EMAIL PROTECTED] [A] in
mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said to Marck:

A> Now I wonder why it doesn't it work for me?   :(

No ideas at this end. You're using the internal implementation (you
must be - MS Crypto API doesn't have a Generate option - nor even an
Edit personal certificates button).

I'm using RC2 encryption algorythm and SHA-1 hashing.

You've specified a valid path to the Random Seed File, right?

... <snip>
>> ... and this one with a brand new, freshly generated, self signed one.

A> So obviously it works ok for you then? Thanks for trying it. I was
A> hoping that the problem was not going to be just *my* problem?

:-( looks like it is.

A> I don't suppose you (or anyone else even) has any further ideas?
A> I'm beginning to lose patience with TB! :(

Back to the original issue:

> Token driver is not installed or PKCS#11 API is missing

Doesn't the API use an external DLL? Hmmm. I thought the slibeay.dll
had something to do with it - but I'm wrong. I don't even have it and
S/MIME is fully operational here.

It seems to think you're using a token. Have you installed Pro? I
wonder if it's a bug in the Pro version. The Pro version is set up to
use tokens and perhaps the S/MIME is hard coded to expect token
support. Try downloading the Home version instead.

--
Cheers --  //.arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user