> No ideas at this end. You're using the internal implementation (you
> must be - MS Crypto API doesn't have a Generate option - nor even an
> Edit personal certificates button).

Yes, internal implementation.

> I'm using RC2 encryption algorythm and SHA-1 hashing.

3DES and SHA-1 (well, I'm trying to).

> You've specified a valid path to the Random Seed File, right?

Yes, all present and correct.

A>> So obviously it works ok for you then? Thanks for trying it. I was
A>> hoping that the problem was not going to be just *my* problem?

> :-( looks like it is.

That wasn't the answer I was hoping for   :(

<snip>

> Back to the original issue:

>> Token driver is not installed or PKCS#11 API is missing

> Doesn't the API use an external DLL? Hmmm. I thought the slibeay.dll
> had something to do with it - but I'm wrong. I don't even have it and
> S/MIME is fully operational here.

> It seems to think you're using a token. Have you installed Pro? I
> wonder if it's a bug in the Pro version. The Pro version is set up to
> use tokens and perhaps the S/MIME is hard coded to expect token
> support. Try downloading the Home version instead.

I agree, TB! seems to be choking on the token issue. I'm going to try installing Home
version now to see if that helps. Will report back ASAP. Thanks for your help so far.