Mica Mijatovic @ 2004-Oct-5 2:37:04 PM
"Purge unread messages?" <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> did you notice that if you start a line with a dot(s), then yahoo
> server adds two more? It also may alter thusly the PGP signed text
> and make signature BAD. See this, I'll begin next three lines with
> 1, 2, and 3 dots.

> .. is the first line.
> ... is the second one.
> .... is the third one.

The outgoing mail client should add one dot per line if the lines only
contain dots.

To signal the receiving server that the message is finished, the
client sends a single . on a line by itself. However, if I want to
send a single dot, that would confuse the server.

.1
..2
..3
..2
.1

.
..
..
.

--
Chris
Quoting when replying to this message is good for your karma.

Using The Bat! v3.0 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

Today's Oxymoron: Airline Food