   ***^\     ."_)~~
 ~( __ _"o   Was another beautiful day, Mon, 04 Apr 2005,
   @  @      at 08:57:42 +0200, when Alexander S. Kunz wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 02:29:15 +0200, Mica Mijatovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

>> Okay, it's about money. I could write some 5-6 KB on this topic,

> This is not about money, this is about the quality of the
> software, is that SO hard to understand?

I am sorry to see you that upset, but it is not my fault. If you would
read collected and really attentively, and not only my message(s), you
would be in a much better position to understand both yourself, others,
including your customers/clients, and my messages.

*Because*, I do not write and spend my time "for nothing" here, or in
any other list, and at all, or for I have no other things to do in my
life. I'll not explain now *why* I write, and in the way I do that, but
will just say in this moment that these messages have a *sense*, which
cannot be beneficial for someone who do not *think* about the content.

And such are not only *my* messages.

Do *not* be deluded by my "jovial" "style". Simply do *not*. A "serious"
person, in spite of such a "style" will indeed pay an appropriate
attention to the content. If that is omitted, than it is not my "fault".

I am doing "my part of job", and am giving my best in a given moment, so
am expecting the other side doing their.

We are not here to quarrel, but to help one another. At least, that's
how I understand the purpose of this, and similar, "expert", lists.

/// So, it *is* about money, since the value system used to estimate a
software, is directly derived, to a significant extent, from what money
means/represents to someone, a particular person, or a group of them.
This will be clearly shown in the mentioned message of mine; and for
purely practical reasons we deal with here.

\\\ Since you stress "understanding", "seriousness" of
"security/privacy", I have to please you to pay attention not to quote
my address in your replies, and please use a proper way of addressing,
when you write me privately/off-list (see the bottom lines in my
signature).

I see today you have sent me a message off-list but it's been deleted
from server, due to improper use of my address...

 2005-04-04, 12:56:35: FETCH - Message from <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 "Alexander S. Kunz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
 subject " Re: Anti Virus S/W",
 (ID:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Size:4106 bytes) is marked
 for DELETION by the filter "C5AM-new"

...so I would please you to send it again, addressed properly.

Also, I would like if you would read again my message
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, about mechanisms of external
authorities, and "big money" environments, their specific value systems
and ways of operating -- focused to and applied in domain of software,
and especially related to the privacy/security branch.

I also would like if we would *always* have in our minds the very reason
why we are here: to peruse and investigate things, and to exchange our
results and experiences -- in order to help one another, in a more
effective usage and orientation. It will indeed, sometimes, shake our
own value systems up, since the ways of how some apparently unconnected
things show actually very tightly connected, if we a bit closer examine
(or even better, *experience*) them.

But nevertheless, I very appreciate such sort of "quakes" since it will
show me the weak points, and will "force" me to take a new, much better
and stabler position. If I get even some "bruises", and expose myself to
other sorts of "inconveniences" in it, it's not that big deal in
comparison to what I get as a final result.

That's one of reasons I "dare" to write about some things, in a way I
do; even if it is not very "popular".

(If I wanted to be "popular" and/or "celebrity" I would apply quite
different approaches, and/or "working environments".)

As to "nativeness" of our languages: English is not my "native" one too.
But our "mis|understanding" here has very little or nothing with it.
Practise! Exercise! This is after all a language you encounter daily
dealing with computers. The best practice is -- writing and reading.
Especially *attentively* reading! And reading *again*. When *I* do so,
often just few words in a new context will give me much wider and richer
and more precise ways to convey and receive an information.

Here you are in position to have practically an "interactive course" in
English. There are members who use this language in so excellent way
that learning/improvement gets acceleration "in no time". I would
appreciate this fact. At least by reading such messages again and again.

And to add just this detail, which would serve to depict the situation
even a bit better: the same type of "misunderstandings" I experience --
and not so seldom -- even using my "native" language, and in my "native"
environment! Since I know each corner and nook of this language, so
nobody could "fool" me about it, I freely may say that exceptionally
rarely the reason of a "bad" communication is a language itself. It's a
matter of an/our..."attitude"; our inner..."make-up/fit".

So that I do not worry about a language that much, even if one is not my
"native" one.

I meant to answer again some parts of your messages, but reading mine
and yours again, I found that it would be just a redundancy, and very
possibly bothersome to others. Reading them again, I find would be
enough. You will find that I do not say almost nothing against your
reasoning, but am adding just a "new ingredient" which serves to
re-compose some components in a more precise and more practically
effective, way.

- --
Mica
PGP keys nestled at: http://bardo.port5.com/pgpkeys/
[Earth LOG: 215 day(s) since v3.0 unleashing]
OSs: Windows 98 SE Micro Lite Professional IVa Enterprise Millennium
     with nestled ZipSlack(tm) 9.1, and, for TB sometimes, Gentoo
     and Vector via Wine...
 ~~~ For PM please use my full address as it is *exactly* given in my
                     "From|Reply To" field(s). ~~~