David-

Wednesday, August 3, 2005, 4:21:05 AM, you wrote:

> We  have  a  very  simple  solution  on  our  system (4 computers on a
> standard  peer  to  peer network running under Win XP). We simply have
> one  copy  of  the Bat on one of the machines, which is designated the
> server  (where we save all files and which is backed up regularly). We
> then access the Bat .exe on the server from any of the machines on the
> network (using a desktop short cut) from which we want to use the Bat.

This is how ours is set up as well, and it's worked fine that way for
years. The version on the server is set up in "TCP/IP server" mode and
the other computers are set up in "Non TCP/IP workstation" mode. This
has the added advantage in that account changes (password, filtering,
etc.) take place at the server level and UI changes (sorting, number
of columns displayed, etc.) are customizable per workstation.

--
-Mark Wieder
 Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/7 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4