Two Bat fiascos out of two Bat "upgrades" must be some kind of record, too.

Unfortunately, I'm basically forced to post this way because I'm posting from a
LOUSY, web-based e-mail client that my provider supplies.  Otherwise I wouldn't
be able to post/read at all.

Hopefully you'll bear with me until I can get back to using TB.

And, no, I don't expect "upgrades" to mess things up *this* badly, where I'm
basically dead in the water, and backups won't even help me.  It's never
happened to me before.  Ever.

And *of course* it was a nice step-by-step set of instructions (and my thanks
go out to Alexander for at least trying to help me), provided you're used to
doing that kind of stuff.  But I'm not.

No, he didn't explain how to backup the registry key, so it was a good
opportunity for you to do so, or so I would have thought.

And the mods can either learn to be more flexible when someone basically has no
other choice, or I suppose they could ban me.  Because I can't do anything
about it right now.

Maybe if they spent more time helping me than they're spending slapping me with
assorted fish, I'd be up and running by now and able to fully comply with the
list's rules.  I'm not a scoflaw by nature.

No, I'm not in a very good mood right now.

And if you think that you're "annoyed"...

Jack