Hello Perry,

>   I know it is possible to test a newly created filter, but I'm not sure
>   how.

- Select a message in the message list and right click on it.
- Select 'Test Filter' in your context menu and you will get the Test
Filter pop-up dialog where you can select the type of filter(s) you want
to test.
- Click OK and you will get a pop up window telling you which filters
have triggered and the actions that would have been taken if this was
not a TEST. That is, the actions are not really taken.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.65.01