Hello Jack!

On Saturday, June 03, 2006, 1:41 PM, you wrote:

< ... >

MB>> Change to 96 dpi or less, in
MB>> Windows/Desktop/Properties/Settings/Advanced. You should then find the
MB>> check boxes fully visible.

> Thanks Mary. Un-fortunately, while I could probably tolerate the
> smaller font (for a while), my wife would never stand for it. However,
> by doing as you suggested I was able to change the number of days
> messages are to be kept in my trash folder which is how I discovered
> this in the first place. After making the change I went back to the
> larger font.

That is how I'm managing now, too. I cannot tolerate the smaller font
and have my setting at 120 dpi, changing temporarily when I need to
access the folder properties dialogue buttons--which fortunately for
me is not very often.

> Is there any automatic notification (by email message) of when this
> bug gets fixed or do I just have to watch general notifications more
> closely?

Create an account for yourself by going to
http://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=5817
(that's if you don't already have an account). You can do that by
clicking on "Signup for a new account" at the top of the page.

If you already have an account at Bug Tracker, log in, and then click
on "Monitor Issue." (Scroll down below the original issue report to
see that button.)

That's what Chris was suggesting in his post,
mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

You will then get an automatic e-mail from Bug Tracker whenever the
status of the issue changes, or whenever anyone adds a note to that
issue page.

From other posts, I gather that more major revisions to The Bat!'s
code are now being worked on, so I think we may have to wait awhile
before seeing the next beta.

Meanwhile, at least we have a workaround on this, even though it is an
unsatisfactory one.

Mary
The Bat! 3.80.06 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2