Hi Dwight,

Friday, July 18, 2008, 5:05:37 PM, you wrote:

> I would be interested to know what features I am missing. I too tried
> lots of those other mailers, such as thunderbird, mulberry, pegasus,
> eudora, outlook, outlook express. I hated them all, and actually
> outlook the least. TB! has counting issues.To me, a mailbox which has
> eight messages but says 2 or 2 messages and says 8 once in a while is
> slightly annoying, but not a show stopper.

You are clearly more knowledgeable about IMAP than I, but based upon
the above, I now have set up TB for my Gmail IMAP and am liking it.

> The search functions work fine. I get all my messages, I can see
> from one machine to another what was sent, and I have all the good
> things about the bat which I like.

Amen.  I also liked Pegasus for POP for years, as I have mentioned.

> I've been running IMAP since version 2 and in version 2 it had
> problems. That is why I looked at most of those other choices. I'd
> feel no need to try anything else now, other than just curiosity. I
> just looked at the eudora/thunderbird hybrid's on line documentation
> today, and it doesn't even contain the work threading anywhere in the
> documentation, except in the wishlist section.

If I have any further GREAT or TERRIBLY experience to report with TB
for my Gmail IMAP (comparing it to, say, Outlook 2003 or Evolution),
I'll post it.

I gather that the main issue in TB with IMAP usage is the counting?
I'm not too concerned about that, so far at least.

--

Take Care,

 Bob

--