Hello Raymund,

On Wednesday, July 21, 2010 you wrote:

RT> Hi Jack,

RT> as I don't think this is of general interest to TBUDL, I send a personal
message.

>> didn't exist in the 32 bit version.  Unfortunately, the USB HDD I'm
>> using for backup is currently formatted as FAT32 and must be formatted
>> to NTSF in order for the "image" to be created.  As soon as I am
>> comfortable that I have a good Carbonite backup I'm going to re-format
>> the USB HDD to NTSF and try to create an "image" of this new machine.

RT> You should be able to do that using the command line and call the program
convert x: /FS:NTFS. No need to reformat (if you have enough free space left).

RT> To make a backup first is a good idea though.

I appreciate the info Raymund.  As you can probably see Stephanie replied with
similar information but as I stated to her, since the USB HDD isn't used for
anything other than backups on the laptop, I wouldn't be losing anything.

I just re-read your post and now I'm confused.  What's the difference between
"convert x:/FS:NTFS" and the format program?  It seems like the command line
"convert x" is going to "convert" the entire x: drive just as the format
program would.

--
Jack LaRosa                  mailto:jlar...@charter.net

Sticking with with The Bat! ver: 4.0.38 for now.
Operating? with Windows XP Pro ver 5 build 2600 Service Pack 3