> Technical writing was not something I set out to do intentionally. I
> gravitated toward it because writing has always come easy to me,
> and, they tell me I'm good at it (I think so, but then everyone and
> their dogs think they are good writers ;)  I also had the aptitude to
> grasp technical concepts.

I'm in this gig for the same reasons.

> I can assure you, I'm not in this business because of my social skills
> ;)

Oh come now! Your participation in the ACE speaks contrary to that remark. ;-)

--
Bill Swallow
Senior Member STC, TechValley Chapter

Author Help files and create printed documentation with Doc-To-Help.
New release adds Team Authoring Support, enhanced Web-based help
technology and PDF output. Learn more at www.doctohelp.com/tcp.

DITA West 2007--Use a discount code of "TECHCOMMPROS" to get a discount rate of
$200 off the $800 price if you register before close of business January 15,
2007. http://www.travelthepath.com/conf/dita2007.shtml