From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Rae Burgess
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 11:52 AM
To: tcp@techcommpros.com
Subject: Re: [TCP] equipment for the job (Was: mouse recommendations)

This makes me wonder - how fast do you type?
Since I never took a formal course in typing (some call it keyboarding
now), I have found that I type so slow that it impacts my efficiency.
I suppose that if I practiced 10 minutes a day I would incrementally
improve my output.
I have visited a few sites, but found them less than captivating. Any
suggestions?
Rae

*****************
"Poshedly, Ken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Lisa, your comment about
waiting "for the computer to catch up with what I'd typed or clicked"
_sometimes_ occurs on my home desktop terminal.

It's almost as if an undesired MAJOR background task is running, but I
just don't know how to identify the cause and how to stop it. Sometimes
shutting down and rebooting clears it up and sometimes not. Eventually,
the system "recovers" and processes at its normal, very fast speed.

In Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del), I've checked the Processes tab and am
not familiar enough with the low-level operation of the system to know
what is what. Usually (if I recall correctly), most everything in the
CPU column displays a "00", and "System Idle Process" (at the bottom of
the list) varies.

I'm already aware of malware surreptitiously placed on the unprotected
terminals of unsuspecting computer users, and how those malware programs
can simply begin sending out gobs of data without any signal to the
computer user.

I run a three-year-old plain-Jane (no name) PC equipped with Windows XP
Home, far more hard drive space than I use, and a more-than-adequate
Pentium processor chip (I forgot which one because I'm not home right
now).

I run Norton Internet Security (with Live Update, done automatically or
even manually every few days) and do weekly or even semi-weekly (twice a
week) system scans for viruses; in the VERY few instances where viruses
were caught, they were deleted by Norton. (The Norton program has also
caught and deleted e-mailed viruses as they arrive. I believe in capital
punishment for those who write and knowingly distribute viruses.)

I also run Spybot Search & Destroy (updated before each use), which
routinely catches the few spyware programs that made it past the Norton
firewall. It's interesting that the now-released Microsoft spyware
program catches nearly nothing, yet Spybot (run afterwards) does the
trick.

Please advise.

- Ken in Atlanta