Op Thu, 28 Aug 2014 11:51:32 +0200 schreef Miod Vallat <m...@online.fr>:
Because if we were to apply this diff, there would be no way to switch
from rw+softdep to rw.

That was already broken; rw->rw is not affected as per the enclosing if-block.

Which is why the current way to remove softdep from a filesystem is a
rw+softdep -> ro -> rw transition, which would no longer work with your
diff.

It would work, but you'd have to explicitly disable softdep, as one might expect to be required when removing softdep:
# mount -vuw /usr/obj
/dev/sd0f on /usr/obj type ffs (rw, local, nodev, nosuid, softdep, ctime=Thu Aug 28 11:58:27 2014)
# mount -vur -onosoftdep /usr/obj
/dev/sd0f on /usr/obj type ffs (local, nodev, nosuid, read-only, ctime=Thu Aug 28 11:58:40 2014)
# mount -vuw /usr/obj
/dev/sd0f on /usr/obj type ffs (rw, local, nodev, nosuid, ctime=Thu Aug 28 11:58:50 2014)

Basically, I made my diff so that (mount -uw;mount -ur) cycles retain softdep. Without my diff, one would have to append -osoftdep depending on the fs-type and what was defined in /etc/fstab.

--
(Remove the obvious prefix to reply privately.)
Gemaakt met Opera's e-mailprogramma: http://www.opera.com/mail/