> >Which is why the current way to remove softdep from a filesystem is a
> >rw+softdep -> ro -> rw transition, which would no longer work with your
> >diff.
>
> It would work, but you'd have to explicitly disable softdep, as one might
> expect to be required when removing softdep:

Oh, indeed.

Then it's a matter of deciding whether we want mount -u to simply update
flags (and then only toggle ro/rw, and leave softdep unchanged) or to
update behaviour (and then clear softdep on rw->ro transition as softdep
do not apply to read-only filesystems). You're in favour of the former,
I am in favour of the latter. Who wants to be the referee?

Miod