Hello,

This is another question triggered by working on rcctl(8) support for
the ansible service module.

The module wants to figure out if it should reset the flags in
rc.conf.local to the default set if no arguments are supplied by the
user.

The problem with this is that there is no way to find out what the
default flags are. This makes it hard to deal with a service like nfsd
where 'status' will return "-tun 4" by default or whatever the user has
set previously otherwise.

I noticed there is a function in rcctl already that finds this
out: svc_default_enabled_flags(). Being able to call this via some
argument to rcctl would solve my problem.

I am leaving out a diff because I have no idea what a good name for such
an argument would be, but just calling "svc_default_enabled_flags $svc" in the
script seems to return what I need.

Regards,
Patrik Lundin