On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 01:50:52PM +0200, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:

> > If I now run the tool again, still without any supplied arguments, it
> > will compare the empty set of user supplied flags to "-tun 4" which
> > always differs. So ansible will now think it needs to change something
> > "forever" :).
> >
> > To solve this I need the default flags to compare to the output of
> > 'status'.
>
> Well in this case, I think you should pass the flags you want to ansible --
> even if they are the same as the defaults.
> I'm not very keen on adding a new knob...

This breaks the principle of least surprise. If you do not need to
supply flags when calling rcctl in the shell you should not have to
supply flags when using ansible.

I fully understand if you do not want to add knobs. This only means I
will need to replicate svc_default_enabled_flags() in my module. I
would rather store as much logic as possible in rcctl itself to keep the
overhead/upkeep low, but you can't get everything i guess :).

Regards,
Patrik Lundin