On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 03:05:40PM +0200, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:

> But you should not have to.
> If you don't pass any flags to ansible, why is ansible looking at the output
> of rcctl status to compare flags?
> In saltstack, iirc what I implemented is that flags are only compared when
> one actually sets some.

Maby the expected results of our tools are different. My goal for the
ansible module is that you either keep a specific set of flags in the
playbook which will then get set if necessary, or you remove the flags
and will instead get the system default.

Not passing any arguments does not mean "do not modify any flags", it
means "make sure we have the default flags". Because of this I will need
to check if the current set of flags are the default or not.

Hope this makes some sense :).

Regards,
Patrik Lundin