On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 20:32:30 -0700
"Theo de Raadt" <dera...@openbsd.org> wrote:

> > I also use the sha512 command on a regular basis, and notice a
> > performance improvement (compared to sha256) with amd64 systems.
>
> But is /bin the place to put a performance improving command?
>
> No.  That isn't the place for putting strange performance commands.
> It is a place for putting *interoperating* commands.

It isn't really a "performance improving" command, it's a different
hash. I just mentioned the performance improvement in passing.

> I don't think Todd's original question was answered, except along
> the lines of "i love features".

His question was "who uses the sha512 link", so I answered. I don't see
where the issue is here.

Though if the link were to go, I would be able to adapt to "cksum -a
sha512 ..."